Tuesday, June 29, 2010

You got the best of me.

I'm going to start off with making it perfectly clear that I never want you back. I don't know where the man I married went, but You are not him.

I never thought I would be in this position, having an ex-husband. I always took marriage for the vows I made...till death do we part.

Which is why giving you the best parts of me was never thought of twice. I was happy to give you everything I had, and never complain when you took the mile.

I happily gave my good body to bring the sweetest little girl into this world. I thought we would forever parent her together.

You got to see me at my best, when I was young and carefree. When I was fun because I didn't have any responsibilities. When I was patient.

I gave you your earning power, by sacrificing my own career, in order to make the career moves you needed to climb the payscale.

I gave you my time. The time I had to nurture a relationship without the logistics of responsibilities and an ex-husband.

I gave you my experience of being a new bride. I will never be able to have that with the man I grow old with.

For all of these things, I am bitter. I can't help but be. You see, sadness can't creep in because I have a precious 4 year old that counts on me, so I can't wallow in sadness at all the things I gave to you, that I wanted to give to the man I grow old with.

No comments: