Saturday, May 2, 2009

Preparing for my 1st 5K

Well, it's been a while since I have posted here. I really want to post more often. Let's see what has happened since I've been on here last. I got a different job (closer to what I want to do) with the same company. What else...let's see...yeah, that's about it. What do you expect, I live in Iowa!

One thing I've been doing for the past month in a half is preparing to run my first 5K! I've only been running 3 days a week, but have been trying to increase the amount of time that I run at once. I decided after getting out of the Army, that I wasn't going to put pressure on myself to run fast anymore because it discourages me from running at all. So, I've just focused on running period.

I ran the run path today, and timed myself. My only goal next week is to beat that time. I'm going for a personal best. Well...if you can call it a personal best when it is only the second time running it. LOL.

No comments: