Friday, October 3, 2008

Day One

I recently moved to the middle of nowhereland. No friends, no job (as of yet), and little communication with anyone other than my 3 year old. As with all of us as we become adults, my friends all have their own lives. So, it's hard to keep in touch with anyone on a daily basis. I realize they're busy too.

This is the first time in my life that I haven't been insanely busy. It's driving me nuts!!

Just because I'm in the middle of nowhereland doesn't mean I have completley disconnected with the rest of the world. I watch the news (obsessively today), keep abreast of current affairs, and research what is going on in my chosen career field (in hopes of soon getting a job and still being relevant). The problem with still staying in touch with the rest of the world, is that there's noone to share it with. I feel like shouting out "I'm here, I'm knowledgable! Someone converse with me!!!" And hence...this blogspot is started.

I intend to use this space as a place to post my rants. The rants that I would love to post on MySpace or FaceBook, but because of my fear of every getting too emotionally close to anyone, I rarely feel like I can be open and honest on there. So, here I am. I plan on staying fairly anonymous by name, but 100% open and honest in my thoughts, opinions, and beliefs. I would love to find people who would enjoy to interact (whether they agree or disagree is not important) in an intelligent, open, and engaging manner. The only thing I ask is for all comments to remain respectful. I will always do the same. Thank you, and I look forward to everyone's comments.

No comments: